Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Stopgap #2

I know what you're thinking. Did I publish six posts this month or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this confusion, I've kinda forgotten myself. (Turns out I've only done four this month, counting this one. Hmmm...) So you got to ask yourself one question: Where have you been all this time, man?!

Good question, me. To which I'll say the following. I've been busy the past few weeks prepping, and eventually pushing, myself to continue a little thing I'd like to call college. On the positive side, I have no more a.m. classes this semester! Or possibly next! Hooray for good mornings!

I'll also say this much. I'm not dead (yet), and I've actually got several other posts already typed up to be uploaded later this year. [Here's a hint. They all have (Academic) Works Cited at the bottom.] Plus, now that I'm starting to work on all cylinders, I can practically feel all those creative juices come flowing through me again.

But was this wait necessary? I'm not entirely sure.

When I started up Rock Talk earlier this New Year's Day, I was uploading content at a clip of one post every two to three days. And ever since I got out for summer vacation in early May, I've just about gone in a writing rut. I've struggled to write meaningful content, save my takes on the South Carolina Gamecocks' incredible title runs in the 2010 and 2011 College World Series, as well as two articles on Casey Anthony following her not-guily verdict (here and here). Maybe I needed this time off. After all, for a hobby like this, devoting so much time and energy after several months can really take its toll.

For those of you still reading this, you're the reason why I write. I thank you hanging around long enough to give just another face in the crowd his time in your life, if only for a couple of seconds. It's that kind of impact I wish my writing will have on a bigger scale someday. But for now, it's just me, myself, and Irene far, far away from the southeast.

Time to get back to doing what I do best.

Click here for Stopgap #1.

No comments:

Post a Comment