Thursday, December 29, 2011

2011 Soundtrack

As I've mentioned on here once before, I enjoy listening to music. I enjoy it so much, that back in January 2007, I started keeping records of my favorite songs, albums, and artists for each month. Looking back on these charts of mine years later act as a time capsule which really takes me back to a certain time in my life. I find it very interesting to look back on what a younger version of me thought was "it" and wonder what exactly I was thinking listening to a certain song, album, or artist on a loop.

Anyway, what I've decided as this year winds down is to give y'all an inside peak into my personal vault of favorite songs. What follows are thirteen songs, one for each month plus a bonus track representing my favorite song for 2011, which document a shifting change in my musical interests. Maybe none of these mean anything to you, but when I listen to them, it practically takes me back to that time in my life and what I was feeling. That's the power of great music. And let these tunes be pleasant to your ears, as well.


January: "Baby, Baby" by Amy Grant


February: "Right Now" by Van Halen


March: "Moi... Lolita" by Alizée


April: "Don't Tell Me Lies" by Breathe


May: "The Remedy (I Won't Worry)" by Jason Mraz


June: "Jam" by Michael Jackson


July: "The Living Years" by Mike + The Mechanics


August: "Jesus, He Knows Me" by Genesis


September: "My Sacrifice" by Creed


October: "I'm Not In Love" by 10cc


November: "Paradise" by Coldplay


December: "Laughter In The Rain" by Neil Sedaka


Song of the Year: "L'Alizé" by Alizée

No comments:

Post a Comment